|Puesto||In-country Program Coordinator|
|Categoría del empleo||Banca / Finanzas / Seguros|
|Lugar de trabajo||León, Matagalpa, Estelí, Jinotega|
|Tipo de posición||Tiempo parcial|
|Idiomas requeridos||Ingles y Español 100% fluido|
|Experiencia mínima||2-3 Años de Experiencia|
|Preparación||Skills, knowledge and experience required:|
• Bilingual: 100% English and Spanish fluency (written and verbal)
• Strong time management skills. Always on time and self-motivated
• Knowledge of basic computer skills to elaborate excel spread sheets and documents in word. Experience with google docs.
• Strong interpersonal skills. Experience working with diverse populations and ability to build and maintain community relationships
• Strong team player.
• Detail oriented.
• Enjoys working with and teaching youth.
• Committed, flexible to job needs
• Experience working in an educational travel settings preferred, but not required
• Experience managing budgets preferred but not required
• Experience living and working in the developing world (For foreign applicants)
• Experience translating preferable but not required
|Descripción de las funciones||Duties and responsibilities are, but not limited to:|
• March to May - Program Development
• Network in local communities, set-up field trips, speakers and educational activities.
• Partner with local organizations to establish service learning activities
• Develop a fully detailed plan for the delegations (arriving in June, July and August).
• Use responsibly Global Glimpse’s resources and spend wisely to ensure all activities are within budget.
• Manage all program logistics (food, transportation, accommodation, health, safety and relationship with providers)
• June, July and August:
• Execute the 3 week itineraries you built.
• Attend to all participant needs. In-Country Coordinators are on call 24/7during delegations (June, July and August).
• Ensure US students and leaders have a meaningful, inspirational, fun, safe and educational experience in Nicaragua.
• Mentoring: Lead and guide personal development and growth in participants.
• Problem-solve changes in schedules and address emergencies
• Manage delegation budgets and track all delegation expenses.
|Breve descripción del trabajo||Job Description - Program Coordinator|
Global Glimpse is looking for TALENTED, ENTHUSIASTIC, CREATIVE LEADERS to develop and execute 3 week education, leadership and service-immersion programs in Nicaragua.
Global Glimpse is a non-profit organization that inspires the next generation of youth from the US to become responsible and successful global citizens through education, leadership and community service in the developing world. We believe that exposure to different countries, cultures, and people provide important perspective and drive young people to take action to better their world together. Since 2008 Global Glimpse has provided over 1000 youth with the opportunity to learn about the powerful history, passionate people, natural beauty, and complexity of Nicaragua and in 2013 we are expanding to the Dominican Republic.
Lead and Manage the Global Glimpse program in León, Matagalpa, Estelí or Jinotega. The program coordinator will work under the Global Glimpse Country Director to create multiple three-week itineraries focused on global education, service, and leadership for diverse delegations of high school students from the United States.
Each delegation is comprised of 20-25 students, two educators and two In-country Program Coordinators. From March – May the In-Country Coordinators will develop and execute meaningful, inspirational and fun programs in their designated city. Each Coordinator will receive approximately 3 weeks of initial and follow-up training. The position runs from March through the end of August, 2013.
Coordinator position gain skills and experience benefiting careers in the private and non-profit sectors, international development and education. Beyond a job, this is an opportunity to change the lives of youth from the States and inspire them to become responsible global citizens who take action to better their world. In-Country Coordinators will teach the students about compassion, courage and commitment as they illuminate the complexities of international relations and the challenges of life in the developing world.
THIS POSITION IS NOT RIGHT FOR EVERYONE and requires committed individuals who can dedicate their full efforts to the program and are ready to learn. To apply, please email CV and a letter of interest (no less than a page long) detailing your qualifications and interest in the position. Please send you information in English (for Latino applicants) Spanish (for non-Latino applicants).
For applicants who live outside Nicaragua please have your documents sent before Jan.28th 2013
For applicants who live in Nicaragua please have your CV and a formal cover letter sent before Feb. 4th 2013
To learn more about Global Glimpse please review our website www.globalglimpse.org