The Province has different income sources that benefit the city economy such as the Panama Canal, the tourism, the industry and the service sector.
The Province of Panama possesses the Country's biggest monuments of real history and Historical places such as:
The first Panama City, which was destroyed on 1671, by the pirate Henry Morgan, named today as " the Old Panama" (it offers a museum for visitors, that exhibits a model of the city before 1671), The Catedral de Nuestra Señora de la Asunción (that was destroyed between 1519 and 1626), The Conventos de San José, The Catedral, el Ayuntamiento, The Mercado de Esclavos, The San Juan de Dios Hospital, The Casco Viejo (founded in 1673), and others
In the Province of Panama you will find the famous Las Perlas Archipelago located in Panama Bay only 20 minutes away from the City of Panama by plane. It is a set of 97 spectacular islands with blue waters and white sand where we can find numerous marine species of all kinds. It is called the Las Perlas Archipelago due to the great quantity of oysters that were always found in that area, often with very beautiful pearls inside. Visitors can enjoy different activities such as fishing, skin-diving, snorkeling, observation of birds and of marine turtles and trips to excellent beaches in the different islands of the archipelago. The biggest island is Isla Rey, followed by other Islands very important for the touristic activity such as: Contadora Island, Punta Cocos, San José Island, Pacheca, Saboga, Mogo Mogo, Casaya, Viveros, and Pedro Gonzalez ". It is important to indicate that the reality TV Shows from the CBS "Survivors" was produced in this Archipelago last 2003-2004.
Visitors can arrive this beautiful Archipelago by plane departuring from the Marcos A Gelabert International Airport located in Albrook, City of Panama, arriving directly in the Contadora Island or in Isla San Jose, the flight last only 20 minutes, It is also possible to arrive in special bots by sea.
Other Important Touristic destinations in the Province of Panama are:
• Taboga Island or Isla de Las Flores: located 1 hour away from the city by boat, crossing the Americas Bridge.
• The Metropolitan Natural reserve Park located in the center of the city, it has 256 acres of tropical moist forests protected.
• The Panama Canal Museum located in Plaza Catedral
• The Anthropological Museum Reina Torres de Araúz located in Plaza 5 the Mayo.
• The Museum of History, located in the the Municipal Palace.
• The West Indian Museum, located in the Marañon neighborhood
• The Museum of Contemporary Art, located in the Avenida de Los Mártires, is the only private museum in the country.
Before even think about finding home or property in Panama see the Satellite Image of Panama, make sure you use the following satellite map to distinguish the more interesting zones for buying real estate.
From the aerial view, your will be able to recognize each zone, access, and distance to the ocean, mountains, river so on